Autumn's Glory is in:
the Renaissance Festival. Nothing is quite so delightful as escaping from the modern world for a few hours in favor of comic stunt jugglers, famous Mr. Chicken shows, and jousting tournaments with the ever handsome and illustrious Sir Henry Darling of Derbyshire (can you tell who we were rooting for?).
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, either Starbucks or homemade style.
A sudden and unexpected return to forsaken summer reading lists.
PIE.
Anticipation for the year's final picnics with friends and family.
The inevitable downward spiral of all other forms of music, which will ultimately end in thousands of festive carols (Christmas, I see ya).
Skype conversations that turn into discussions of Russian realism in literature, and the master who is Dostoyevsky.
Hoodies, sweaters, pullovers, sweatshirts, jackets, and all other topical means of keeping oneself toasty.
Pumpkins, apples, and all means of preparing and eating them.
Colored leaves and cold winds.
Care packages, made, prepared, and mailed to suffering collegians.
My favorite Cambridge family's permanent arrival (FINALLY) to the States, making visits seem more plausible, and definitely more tempting.
Apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, and every other tempting beverage cold months have to offer.
Ankle boots, riding boots, and dressing boots.
Upcoming visits from my grandma, and to our friends' house.
Purse duffel bags, having no friends, and to the best of Calvin and Hobbes.
And finally, in grasping the beat of a school semester, and maybe (just maybe) getting ahead enough to get some fiction written.
All photographs taken either by my little sister Abby or by Mom.























5 comments:
Just so that you know I took the jousting Pictures :)
I LOVE pretty much everything about this post. Could you send me the recipe if you have one? It looks divine.
Abby's becoming quite the good photographer, I must say... :)
That last one though.
"No I say that I'm Calvin!"
Looks like a lot of fun :) Very nice post. Check out my blog?
Autumn || http://autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment