8/26/2014

Adventures in The Realm of Pie
















Pie. We all drool, don't we? The delicate, perfectly flaky crust which still holds together under the great weight of fruit and golden peaks of crustiness. Fruit, God's gift of natural candy to all children, enhanced by sugar, cinnamon, and whatever else life calls for. Or, if fruit doesn't call your name (you might have problems. Look into it), peanut butter, lemon meringue, and coconut cream can more than fill the hole in your pie-empty heart. As my imagery falls flat, I'll just step back and have a serious pie chat with y'all (as if).

Pie is my new thing. When I was in England, Rachel made us the most marvelous sour cream rhubarb  pie this lady has ever tasted. In the process, she shared with me her recipe (complete with secret ingredient), and so I came home with it and gleeful plans. That very week I made five strawberry pies (okay, okay, crusts. Mom did the fillings), and I've also done cherry, peach, peanut butter. and pecan.

Pies are just great, in case I hadn't already mentioned that part. They're great for anniversary surprises, for Strawberry Day shenanigans, for goofy get togethers: they've really got it all.
So here's to the pie, whether you make it, buy it, bake it, eat it, or take it (forcefully. I only recommend this as a last resort).

Pie is good. Go eat some. Now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*throws homework across room and goes to see if we have any apple pie filling.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Word. Yum!
I'm a huge fan of apple and rhubarb pie and lemon merigue. But strawberry pie....that sounds divine!
RECIPE???

avthenas said...

Thank you, Ellie ♥
(btw, Sherlock S3 soundtrack *heavy breathing*
I hope you had a great start of the new semester! I'll be starting again at the beginning of October, but I have a couple of exams for both, history and English linguistics, coming up.
Both of my BA degrees take 3 years, I'm already done with a year of history and I'll be starting Comparative Lit this this autumn, so I'm hopefully going to successfully finish history in two years.
Have a lovely evening, xx

Cathy said...

that pie looks D E L I C I O U S!

cathy | hello, cathy

My name is Lydia said...

oh my gosh. i wasn't hungry. i was happy. now i'm starving. thanks to you.

followers