7/23/2014

Anglesey Abbey//England 2014 Part VIII


































My first outing being London, the next great adventure was much more calming and relaxing. At least the first bit. The evening was rather loud and booming, but fun nonetheless. :) In the morning, we got in our Zip Car and headed to Anglesey Abbey. Between the beautiful gardens and the wonderful house, we had a delightful morning. English gardens are very unique, and give you the impression that they are much larger than they really are. There are a few tricks that go into this, and I definitely haven't learned all of them, but it is fascinating none the less. The house itself is equally fascinating. Although it was originally an Abbey, it was bought out by the Lord Fairhaven and his brother as a bachelor pad. Yes, that is correct, those magical interior pictures up there are part of a bachelor pad. It makes me beam just thinking about it. It had a wonderful atmosphere, and although Lord Fairhaven was quite eccentric (I love it), his household doesn't sound like an unpleasant one. I got to wear crime scene shoes, and Jonathan took me to his favorite part of the garden, the white trees. I'd definitely recommend spending a day at Anglesey!
In the afternoon, after Miranda's nap, we took her to the fair. It was really loud and not an opportune time to take pictures. However, I did take pictures of our following walk on the Cam. It was beautiful and I think we were all pleased to get away from the extremely loud noises of the fair. The weather, as you can begin to tell from the photographs, was perfect.
Ah, if only I could still be there!

3 comments:

Rev. Rich Heinz said...

Splendid! The photo of the garden, with the statuary, is SO Narnia!

Indeed, a grand adventure!

kay m. said...

I LOVE the kitchen pictures.

avthenas said...

Your such a darling, Ellie! Thank you so much ♥ Those pictures make my wanderlust grow even more xxx
Vicky

followers