2/22/2013

Walking in A Winter Wonderland




















It was snowing this morning when I woke. Surprisingly feeling very motivated I ran outside after breakfast to take some photographs. Of all the pictures I've taken with my recently purchased camera, these are the ones that made me fall in love with it. I love these pictures because they are the best I've ever taken. The snow was so beautiful and pure, and was still falling while I took them. I hadn't, however, decided whether or not I liked this snow, as pretty as it is. A highly anticipated get together with a close friend was almost postponed due to this snowfall, but it looks like we still get to meet up, so the snow can stay. The sun shined down upon my expedition, making my attempts to photograph snow somewhat frustrating. If you had accompanied me, you would have heard my repeated groans of 'no, don't use flash! We're surrounded in too much light as it is!' and 'how do I adjust this thing?' and 'what in the world am I doing? it's freezing out here!'. I pushed through, though, and I have a good sized amount of photos to reward me. While I can't decide on a favorite, I'm very proud of the second (our dog despises cameras, and we can never get good pictures of her.) and the second to last (if you look closely you can see the individual snowflakes balancing on that branch. So tiny, and exquisite!). 

Motivation has hit me strongly, and I'm very happy to be back in the blogging world. A family death, studying for the ACT, and school in general have prevented me from posting a lot lately, but my life (God willing) is settling back down. I hope you all have had a wonderful 2013 so far, I'd love it if you'd comment and let me know what you've been up to! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So much snow! It's beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so beautiful!!! Good job :)I'm happy you're blogging again too :)
have a lovely evening!
Kate

Epic Thread said...

Aw, what a cute little dog.
Jillian - PS If you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out a giveaway we're hosting for $50.00 to Shabby Apple!
http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

followers