10/04/2011

Of Shakespeare and Halloween

          On Sunday afternoon, my mom and dad, my older sister Hannah and I went to a play. 'The Taming of the Shrew' by William Shakespeare. I absolutely loved it. The professional actors and actresses who brought a 1800's family story to life in perfection. I honestly have no complaint, it was all perfect. Well, I guess I could admit I regret the no cameras rule ;)
           And now that October is here, I see houses decorated for the holiday at the end of this month. Halloween. All Hallows Eve. Reformation Day. And since my sister and I love a challenge, we are sewing all of us kids costumes this year. Being the Lord of The Rings fans that we are, we have decided upon and are in the process of making 5 Lord of The Rings costumes. We only sew without patterns (we don't yet know how to follow one), so please pardon any mistakes you might see.
            The only one we've finished so far is my little sister Abby's. If you've seen the Lord of the Rings, you might recognize it.




           Yup you guessed right. Rosie Cotton at Bilbo's birthday party. I'll post more pictures when the next costume is done. Guess who the next one is of?!
(the pictures are taken by my sister Hannah ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! I'm impressed with the costume, but I've never seen the films or read the books. I feel like I should though. And I've never seen the 'proper' version of The Taming Of The Shrew but I did see a theatre troup perform it and also Ten Things I Hate About You. It's close enough!

Becca :) said...

Wow!! love the pics!! and great job with the costume :)

followers