10/08/2011

Caramel Bars, A Costume, and a small stash of Cuteness

I thought I'd share with you a family favorite; caramel bars. If you like caramel, you will LOVE these. I practically guarantee it. Here's the recipe, with a couple pictures to go along with it.

GLENDA'S CARAMEL BARS

Step 1: Melt 42 caramels with 7 Tblsp milk in a saucepan.

Step 2: In a bowl, combine: 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup  and butter. 

Step 3: Pack 2/3 of mixture in a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (Confectioner's Oven, 350 for 8 minutes). 

Step 4: Take out and sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips over, then pour caramel mixture on top. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture on top and bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. (or again, for confectioner's oven, at 350 for 12 minutes). 


And when you take them out, this is what you'll get;
The most heavenly bars I've ever tasted. Actually, if you like, stick them in the freezer. They almost taste better that way. ;)


My costume got finished! I am going to be Eowyn from the Lord of the Rings. Please forgive my posing ;)


Yes. Ahem, the sword is Nerf. Forgive me. We don't have any metal swords lying around this household. Which I believe to be sad, swords are amazing! 
Oh, and my two youngest siblings, Abby and Sam are making a Haunted House in a room downstairs. There are 2 signs on the door to it. One says 'Keep Out' with a skull and crossbones on it, the other Dangerous Scientist. Only, they didn't quite spell it right:








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks amazing. Seriously, I need to try this.
I love caramel and thus I think I'm going to print this off and try it! I love making new deserts
Love your costume and your siblings misspellings:)
Cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your costume :) And you shouldn't say your posing is bad, because the only thing wrong with it is that there's not enough of it! I want to see more angles!
love, mona :)

Becca :) said...

haha love the costume! and i also love how your siblings spelled it!! Is the haunted house just for the family?

Eleonore Mumme said...

@Ashlyn, ya, if you try them ,you will not regret it. Ever. #bestdesertever
@Mona, thanks, you're sweet
@becca it was just for the family and sadly they decided not to do it, last minute.

Lady Elinor said...

the recipe looks delicius i am going to have try it



~Olivia~

followers