June 14th, the day I went to London, happens to be the Queen's official birthday. I was very unaware of this until about two days beforehand, when we read about it via the amazing interweb. To celebrate her birthday, Her Royal Highness has a parade down the Mall (runs from Buckingham Palace to Trafalgar Square. It's the big street here in London.) which she herself rides in. They go to the Horse Guards building, where the queen stands and watches as they parade the horsemen for her. The Queen herself was not in a position from which I could easily get a picture of her (the arrow was the best I can do. Her shoulder really showcases the moment, I know. Exasperation...), but Kate Middleton was lovely and stood in the window where I could see her much better. There was some amazingly patriotic music playing, and the British army paraded rather grandly for their Queen. It really was an amazing atmosphere; I loved to be surrounded by British citizens while they celebrated their Queen. It was a moment I'll never forget.
P.S. I spy with my little eye the dear Prince Phillip's bushy hat, as he stands beside his Queen... do you?
P.P.S. Before you ask, yes the entire royal family was there, not counting George. However, I did not catch a glimpse of the illustrious princes. Woe to me. ;)











1 comment:
I will forever and ever be jealous that you saw the queen and Kate Middleton. Although, you didn't get to see the changing of the guard and I did... "You'd think that the changing of the guard would be like, this guy switches out with this guy and then they leave but it's not like that" That's a moment I'll never forget :P
Have fun and keep posting photos! I love seeing them :)
Post a Comment