6/09/2014
A Far Green Country
Well, I'm in England, you guys! One obnoxious two-day-one-day blend situation (international travel is weird) and a short detaining in customs later, and here I am. Reading books out loud and pushing a two year old on a swing. Riding through the countryside, observing the rolling hills, the scattering of wild daisies through the green, green grass. It is so easy to see why Tolkien was able to write about such beautiful places when he was living in one himself. The door handles are often in the middle of the doors, there are cute little pubs everywhere, and walking paths to rule them all (hardee har har har). Plans to work in the garden, cook, paint furniture, and go on many walks have already been made, and the grocery man has made his delivery (guys, they deliver groceries here!). Miranda and I are thick as thieves already and Jonathan has already half convinced me to move to England.
It has begun to rain, a sign I'm taking as my official English welcome. There are roses growing outside my window, and the sun has just set.
I can't tell you guys how excited and blessed I am to be here, and I can't wait to share my adventures with you. England is really lovely, I feel at home already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
IT'S OFFICIAL. WE'RE UP AND MOVING THE INSTANT WE FINISH WITH UNI. ARE YOU WITH ME?
@Hannah YES WE ARE I HAVE GOTTEN THE INSIDE SCOOP FROM JONATHAN AND IT IS OFFICIAL. WHY WAIT UNTIL UNI IS DONE?!! ;)
That's so awesome that you're in England! I hope you have a great time. My family and I are going on a week holiday to England later this month - I'm so excited!
Post a Comment