Do you ever just wake up with a craving? (fyi, the Doctor didn't just wake up with one for a blonde in a union jack. He had a specific one in mind) Well guess what? I want pie. So This morning I am making one.
Crumb Crust Apple Pie
Ingredients
1 unbaked pie shell
4 lg tart apples sliced
1/2 c sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle over apples.Topping:
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c butter
3/4 c flour
Mix together until crumbly. Pour over apples. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, and then at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
(If that's not the least descriptive recipe I've ever read, I just don't know what is. This is what I had to go on... If' you're as confused as I was, I posted pictures and notes after each step, so keep on scrolling.)
Well, the crust is done... finally! It was a premade one in the freezer and it was evil. I spend a good 20 minutes rolling it out only to find that I would have to put it together like a jigsaw to get it into the pan. Urgh. So add another 20 minutes to finish the darned thing. Doesn't it look lovely?
The apples are cut (they were so small I used 5) and covered in cinnamon, and they and the streusel topping have been applied to the crust. ;) Now for baking. This is going to take waaaaaay too long. I want to eat it now.
It's been ten minutes, and hence it was time to change the temperature. IT SMELLS TOO GOOD. Forty minutes seems a cruel joke.
It's done! Now you'll have to excuse me I have some eati.... ehem working to do. (;











4 comments:
Yum! Apple pie is one of my favourites!
(Although when it comes to sweets lots of things are my favourites..)
Beth xxx
looks great, els. when we're together next, pie should be on our list :)
-Lyds
how cute is your blog?!
this looks amazing, summery, and so simple.
might have to make it soon! thanks for sharing! xo
the well-traveled wife
this looks fantastic, thank you for sharing!
xx
Post a Comment