Two little girls who have gone one too many adventures to count. #mysisteristhecoolest #justsaying
Golden ringlets bounce freely as small feet run through the grass. The bright laughter that rings out is beautiful upon my aging ears. I sit here, content to watch as they play the day away; slaying dragons, marrying princes and going on many other adventures that I no longer understand. The sun is shining down through the trees in scatterings and pools and a cool breeze whispers from the west. Our picnic basket (now empty) is sitting not far off, a few ants climbing up its handles to have a picnic of their own. The day has been simple; full of strawberries, cold chicken, peaches and pie. Soon Father will be home, so we gather up our things and return from the peace of our little grove and the children are sent to wash up while I make supper.
They have all gone to bed now, and what a glorious bedtime we had, full of more adventures (one place where I may as yet join in their adventures and tell a few of my own), cuddles, and nighttime kisses. Now Father and I sit and talk and have a cup of coffee (or two; it was a stressful day for him in the office). The dishes are done and the laundry can wait and presently we will get to bed, but for now I am content to sit and talk and recall today. Today was good; and so will be tomorrow, I dare say, and the day after that.
fiction.

No comments:
Post a Comment