I'm pretty sure it's 2013, judging by the posts flooding my flow, full of memories and looking back. I have so many memories from this past year and I'm incredibly thankful for them all, but I guess I must be missing something. I don't feel like I need to post about the year closing and I don't think I need to focus on all the memories I made, because that's why I'm blogging in the first place. I blog so that all my memories are recorded in the moment. You guys have already heard about my best memories; Europe, work, friends, and family. I got to share them with you while they were happening, when the excitement was fresh. And while there is a great deal to be said about nostalgia, that's not what I fill myself with on January 1st. Right now, I'm feeling excited and happy at the prospect of another year. Today I am sitting in my grandma's blue rocking chair, and I'm wearing a white sweater she gave me, a red scarf, and blue jeans. My nails are painted red with some extra sparkle on my toenails, classic Christmas music is playing on the TV, and I'm going to see The Hobbit with family this afternoon. I'm wishing I had a Starbucks Hot Chocolate (with plenty of whipped cream), and maybe a bowl of fruit to go with it. My sister is playing the BBC Robin Hood theme on a mini electric piano, and my other siblings are playing games on iPads. Mom is wandering around, trying to get everything packed for our journey home tomorrow, and Dad is at home waiting for us to come back. And that's what I'm doing today.







A lookbook I've been making for a friend. I had no idea how much fun making one is. I kind of went crazy.
I don't suppose for one minute that describing for you my day is entertaining, and it's not really meant to be. Instead, it's meant to make a memory, because I think that's what you should do today. Make a memory and write it down. I have no idea where I will be exactly one year from now, but I'm ready to start my journey there. Each year is really a journey, if you think about it. Ending in one year, will be a journey that will no doubt change and grow me. I will be different at the end, and ready to start again, but that's the way it goes. So I guess this post is about beginning, not ending. A new year has begun, and while the old one is gone. We cannot get it back, so I don't think I need to look back. It was a great journey with ups and downs, and I will never forget it. But I should not be sad it's over, I should be glad. I have been given yet another year to grow, and change.
Welcome, 2013, you are looking very promising.
6 comments:
awww! this is wonderful :) you have such a sweet way with words, and i love reading allllllll about your day <3
I came across your blog here, and went like, Ohhhhh MY :)
Kate:
P.S. are you on facebook by any chance?
Hey Kate!
Thank you for such a sweet comment! I do not have Facebook... I try and stay away from things like that because I fear they would take up too much of my day!
If you write a blog, please feel free to send me a link, I'd love to check it out!
I'm glad you've enjoyed looking through my blog, I have quite a few things I'll be doing to it very soon!
Much love!
love this! that journal is so darling..cute cute blog!
now following..XO chaseandem.blogspot.com
You are very welcome, I'm honoured to "meet" you this way, you're such a sweet, neat person! Have I told you i love your blog???? I do!
I understand about facebook, it's addicting for sure.. I just wished I could be your friend on there and get more frequent updates on you and your life!
I don't actually write a blog, I'm on tumblr, but that's it lol :)
I can't wait to see your changes, thanks again!
Kate!
I love the 'Look Book' project! Would you please tell me where you got the book with blank pages? I REALLY want to make one for my BFF!
Emelie: It actually isn't a book with blank pages, it's a guide to antiquing that I found at a thrift store. I just cover up all of the text. It can be tedious, especially since I picked a 400+ page book. I would suggest that you get one that's not that big, and then that you work on everything you want to stick into the book before you attach it. I learned that the hard way. I'm not an expert, by any means, but would you like me to do a post sometime on making one and getting materials and the like?
Post a Comment