Back: Me, Bre, and Melinda. Middle: Morgan, Cora and Hannah.
Front: Daniel, Becca, and Emma
Morgan and I were roommates for the week. She's awesome, and a very talented singer. (She sang in the talent show: wow!)
Becca and Emma are my cousins, and this was their first (my third) Higher Things conference. They both loved it, and as a plus, Becca has become completely obsessed with Pr. Fisk, but more on that later.
Rachel and I hadn't seen each other in a couple years, but I'm hoping we'll see each other much more often. She's hilarious, and she pretty much rocks.
Back: Serena, Me, Hannah, and Rachel.
Front: Grace, Adri, and Morgan.
Me, Lydia, Hannah, and Ramona. Lydia and Ramona have been our best friends for forever, and it was AMAZING to see them again.
Back: Hannah, Morgan, Caitlin
Front: Me, Ellie, Ben. Meeting Ben, Ellie, and Caitlin for the first time was really exciting. Ellie is beautiful, and Caitlin and Ben are super awesome too. We played spoons, talked Tolkien ;), and just hung out.
As for the actual conference, words cannot describe. Close your eyes, and imagine a congregation of 800, including a choir of 90, singing 'At the Lamb's High Feast' at the top of their voices in 4 part harmony. With an incredibly talented organist, and an orchestra, and 9 pastors distributing the Lord's Supper. And when we weren't in services, we were learning about many different topics, such as the Small Catechism (which totally rocks), and the Law and Gospel (applied to the rest of your life.) We got Pr. Fisk to sign our conference shirts, along with Pr. Borghardt and a lot of our friends. It was wonderful, but I'll stop ranting now. I'm heading up to stay with my cousins for a couple days, but I'll try to post when I get back.
Gosh, it's almost as if it's summer or something.

2 comments:
:D yes I was obsessed!!!
Sounds like this was really fun! I love your blog by the way, could you have a look at muine and see what you think? www.justbeingmyselftoday.blogspot.com
Post a Comment