4/03/2012

Playing Superheroes

There's a quilt on the back of the chair in the living room. It has many oddly shaped patterns, and yet it is mainly cream. It is very long and warm, and I believe it's rather old. It's smell is that of new fabric, that's just been on the shelf. This quilt is my cape.


As it drags along the floor, it keeps me warm in it's caressing embrace. Large enough to cuddle in, it is constantly waiting for me. As warm as warm can be it boasts, along with charming memories.

Sawtooth Star Lap Quilt Kit

Memories of chicken noodle soup, and sprite, whenever I've been sick. Memories of family movies we watched together. But mostly memories of when I was little, playing superheroes on the front porch. 

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Love, love, love! My brain-memory-vault is stored with so many childhood memories.

Abbie /// XOXOX

Glenda said...

Do you know where that quilt came from? I'll tell you if you don't remember. It will add even more wonderment at all the quilt has seen.

A "cheery" disposition said...

what beautiful writing you have! such imagery with your words.

Orla Harrington said...

Oh wow. In love with this post Ellie, well done girl! This is why your blog will he famous one day, and I'll be able to call myself an original reader :-D x

followers