2/06/2012

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

I've read a lot of books lately, probably 30 in January. And yet so many of those books were only so-so, forgettable books. Books that I enjoyed, and then returned to the library and promptly forgot. But then there were those books that were totally and completely unforgettable. So I thought I'd share with you the books/series that I've been enjoying in the past month.

The Percy Jackson series
This series has had me captivated completely. It is a very thrilling, and nerve-wracking book. (Yes I said nerve-wracking, and no I'm not crazy. A truly amazing book is going to have me freaking out and talking about the characters as if they were real people.) It has taught me so much about Greek mythology. Plus it has a lot of drama, which is a plus for me. It's by Rick Riordan, in case you haven't already read it. ;)

The Heroes of Olympus
This series gets the same description as 'Percy', except that it's Roman mythology. And it's better than 'Percy'. But you have to read 'Percy' first. It's hilarious, thrilling, captivating, and yes, romantic. Oh, and for those of you who have read it, I dare you to not like Piper. I bet you'll fail, because she's awesome in every aspect. This is also by Rick Riordan. 

The Kane Chronicles
I promise, I really do, that this is the last Rick Riordan series I'm going to talk about. But hey, when he succeeds in making one good series, why not try all the other ones? The Kane Chronicles deal with Egyptian mythology. I think that this one is the most unusual, and probably my second favorite. It's very action-packed, and I'm sure you'll love it. Oh and it's also good for your mythology, I am now a mythology freak. Ask me any mythology question (except for Norse mythology, his series on that isn't out yet ;) and I think I'll have an answer.

The Hunger Games
I read it. After hearing about how amazing it was, and knowing the movie was coming out, I read book one. It was nothing like I expected it to be. I'm in love with it. I've joined my sister in her liking of Peeta, and I officially love Rue. Suzanne Collins did much better this time. (I read her 'Gregor the Overlander' series, and I really didn't like it. At all.) I'm really excited for the movie, and I'm 56th in line before I can Catch Fire. I can't wait. 

If you have any book recommendations at all, please tell me. I'm in a rut, and I haven't discovered any good series in a week, and I'm going to the library on Thursday. 

Oh, and it would be silly of me to not explain my title, so I shall. I've had Safe and Sound on repeat all week. I think that the books I like the most have moments like that, and I think that's why I love them the most. Books where the characters have a moment where they are thinking this:
Just close your eyes, 
you'll be alright,
come morning light,
you and I'll be safe and sound.

goodnight, loves!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Are you STILL reading the Rick Riordan books? You've re-read them at least 6 times. :) Also, how could Peeta *not* be your favourite- he is head and shoulders above everyone else. Although I didn't think it was amazing, it was good. Tell me when you read the next one!

Becca :) said...

Actually no, Percy Jackson is wayy better than the Heros of Olympus!! How could you not love Percy and Annabeth?!
But yes, Rick Riordon does a great job at writing action-filled books and mythology is soo interesting!! Is he coming out with a new series?

Becca :) said...

Oh I have also been meaning to read the Hunger Games. Are they as good as Percy Jackson??

hk (: said...

Hey!!! Sorry I never comment, my computer won't let me, and frankly, I'm too lazy to use my phone very often :/... anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in a post on my blog!! Check it out! (:
Your twin,
Hk
Star-someday.blogspot.com

followers