1/21/2012

Some Movie Reviews

I have seen some good movies lately, and so I thought I'd review them for you. If you've seen them, tell me what your thoughts are on them, and if you haven't, here are some suggestions.

My little siblings and I just finished watching this movie for the second time. It has a really good plot, and it has two actors that I'm fond of in it. Namely Nicholas Cage and Teresa Palmer. But I must say I really didn't like the main character's actor, Jay Baruchel, since his voice bothers me, and he looks weird. But if you like action/fantasy movies, this would be a good one for you. I would rate it 3 stars out of 5.

Monte Carlo
This movie had a good premise, but there were just some parts where I was left to wonder why. Why would the characters do that? Or why are everyone around them acting so dumb? But that being said, the actors (and mostly actresses) were very well chosen for the parts. I will say though that all of Selena Gomez's parts seem to have her play the exact same character. I could see Alex Russo, and Beezus in Grace. It's really beginning to bother me. But it was a really fun movie, and romantic, so I'll give it 3 stars as well.

How to Train Your Dragon
This movie is really, really cute. I really liked it. I love 'little kid' movies, like Finding Nemo, the Incredibles, all of the Disney princess movies, and the like. How to Train Your Dragon is really cute, and I say that if you are a fan of Disney/Pixar films (and even if you aren't a big fan of Dreamworks) try this movie out, cause I think it'll pleasantly surprise you. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

That Thing You Do
This movie is awesome. Seriously. It has one of my favorite actresses of all times in it (Liv Tyler) and the plot revolves completely around music from the 70s, which is a kind of music I'm rather fond of. It was written and directed by Tom Hanks, and even though I have sort of been prejudiced against him (Ever since Castaway. That movie freaks me out.), I think he did a really, really good job. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. (It's worth mentioning that Lord of The Rings imo is way better than any other movie I've ever seen, so I don't even try to rate it. It's like a Ten. Thousand.) I really suggest you watch it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You do know that Jay Baruchel voiced Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon, right? ;)

Eleonore Mumme said...

I do, but for whatever reason, I could stand him in How to Train Your Dragon, but he was seriously annoying in Sorcerer's Apprentice. Have you seen either of them then?

Unknown said...

Yeah, and I get what you're saying. It's funny, because they're both supposed to be "loser" characters, but it worked much better in HtTYD.

followers