1/24/2014

january mornings





 mornings I hate, but mornings in January  are the worst. the weather outside has reached arctic measurements (exaggeration, I promise) and with the warm temperatures has fled any desire I might have possessed to leave my lovely bed. and yet, the coldest months are the months in which I must leave my bed, in order to attend school. clearly, this system is messed up. as an attempt to cheer myself up, I've been eating grapefruit's violent red shades. even though my mother passionately hates the fruit, it is quite good at brightening up one's morning. I've also discovered peach tea, a gift from a family friend, which is pretty darn good. I wish I could say that this lovely breakfast was accompanied by a fireside read of classic literature (crime and punishment, anyone?), but instead, it is often crammed in with hurried bits of schoolwork I've managed not to do till the last minute. ah the college life.

no fears, though. another day, another life, the weekend approaches.

xx

No comments:

followers