via google images
Sometimes I think that I'd rather be in the time of radios. Now, I know what you're thinking "Radios? We've still got 'em!" but I'd like you to think for a minute on this: when the world didn't have youtube, or iPods, or even cds and cassettes, how much more exciting was it when your favorite song came up? You would be in the mood for every word, not just saying 'Oh I'll listen to that tomorrow' or 'Later, I've heard this song too much'. Sometimes I think that the people in those days appreciated music more than we do. Think of how someone would have screamed at everyone in the room to be quiet when her favorite song was played. Think of the glance couples exchanged when their first dance sang out to them in their home. That's something we miss in today's culture, when any song can be played at a moment's notice, without a second thought. It's a breath of fresh air to flip the radio on, turn the dials, and radio surf.
On the way home from piano lessons we listened to the radio. A mixed playlist of ACDC, Tom Petty, Imagine Dragons and Taylor Swift ensued. My day was made hearing favorites of mine wafting through the radio. Something about it is much more special than just playing the song on your iPod; much more enjoyable. I think I might start listening to the radio more often.

1 comment:
I love this post, Ellie! I've always thought this.
Don't you love the feeling when your favorite song comes up on the radio? It's so much more exciting than turning it on on your iPod :)
~Ramona
Post a Comment