5/14/2012

The Town that the World Forgot

Snow-capped mountains shield it from unwanted eyes. A teal river winds under the city's cobblestone streets. Aged fortresses protect it from all that lays outside. Chocolate brown shingles cap cream colored houses with their green shutters open, revealing four-paned windows. The big-peoples' Hobbitton, the muggles' Hogsmeade, the elves' Elesmera, this town reaches into the heart of all who arrive on its doorsteps.

With arched doorways, and wooden fireplaces, it's all the more nostalgic on the inside. The halls smell like meringue, there are flowers on the tables, and the air from the open windows is refreshingly cool and clear. The rooms are comfy, with warm showers to greet our tired eyes. There are flowers drying in the hall above the fireplace, right next to the spiral staircase.

As I begin to feel tired and content, and ready for a nice warm shower before bed, I watch the clouds enfold the mountains in pinks and blues. The greens of the trees blend to form a deep evergreen as the mountains wear a silver crown, elaborately woven from the dusk sky. This is not a town I will forget, in fact I see it as a place that could become a haven for me; someday I'd like to call this place my home.

Welcome to Ruette. Internet is somewhat iffy, so you might not hear from us for a while, but in my opinion, we're about as close to heaven as we can get.



~Ellie



2 comments:

Abbie said...

Wish I was there right now. Seriously :) And BTW, I love your writing, especially in this post!

Abbie /// XOXOX

Eleonore Mumme said...

Abbie~
Oh, it'd be so awesome if you were with us! It'd be the best blogger party ever. Also, thank you so much! Every once in a while I end up having to write like this because it's the only way to do the moment justice.... Ya know?

followers